By Mary A. Waters
Read Online or Download British Women Writers of the Romantic Period: An Anthology of their Literary Criticism PDF
Best literary gothic & romantic criticism books
This e-book brings jointly a delicately chosen variety of latest disciplinary techniques to new parts of Gothic inquiry. relocating past the representational and traditionally dependent elements of literature and movie that experience ruled Gothic reports, this quantity either recognizes the modern diversification of Gothic scholarship and maps its altering and mutating incarnations.
This booklet revisits British Romanticism as a poetics of heightened recognition. on the flip of the 19th century, as Britain used to be at the alert for a potential French invasion, awareness grew to become a phenomenon of common curiosity, one who aligned and exceptional an strange variety of fields (including drugs, aesthetics, theology, ethics, pedagogy, and politics).
Exploring the connection among poverty and faith in William Wordsworth’s poetry, Heidi J. Snow demanding situations the conventional view that the poet’s early years have been basically irreligious. She argues that this concept, in response to the equation of Christianity with Anglicanism, savings the richly diversified theological panorama of Wordsworth’s formative years.
Eighteenth-Century Characters deals a concise advent to the eighteenth century, utilizing characters as its start line. Elaine M. McGirr offers contextualized readings of inventory characters from canonical and well known literature, such as:- the rake and the fop- the rustic gentleman- the nice lady- the coquette and the prude - the rustic maid and the city girl- the Catholic, the Protestant and the British different.
- The Riddling between Oedipus and the Sphinx: Ontology, Hauntology, and Heterologies of the Grotesque
- Peter Ackroyds Hawksmoor als Echokammer der Gothic novel (German Edition)
- British Romanticism and the Science of the Mind (Cambridge Studies in Romanticism)
- Radical Sensibility: Literature and Ideas in the 1790s: Volume 11 (Routledge Library Editions: Romanticism)
- The Irish Vampire: From Folklore to the Imaginations of Charles Robert Maturin, Joseph Sheridan Le Fanu and Bram Stoker
Extra info for British Women Writers of the Romantic Period: An Anthology of their Literary Criticism
British Women Writers of the Romantic Period: An Anthology of their Literary Criticism by Mary A. Waters