By Katherine Brice,Michael Lynch
Give your scholars the easiest probability of luck with this attempted and proven sequence, combining in-depth research, enticing narrative and accessibility. entry to background is the preferred, depended on and wide-ranging sequence for A-level heritage students.
- helps the content material and overview requisites of the 2015 A-level historical past specifications
- comprises authoritative and interesting content
- contains thought-provoking key debates that study the opposing perspectives and techniques of historians
- offers exam-style questions and suggestions for every suitable specification to aid scholars know the way to use what they've got learnt
This name is acceptable for various classes including:
- AQA: The English Revolution, 1625-1660
- OCR: The Early Stuarts and the Origins of the Civil battle 1603-1660
Read or Download Access to History: The Early Stuarts and the English Revolution 1603-60 PDF
Best uk history books
Britain used to be the 1st state to return below sustained ballistic missile assault, in the course of 1944-45. Defence opposed to ballistic missiles has been a chronic, if hugely variable, topic of political coverage and technical research ever on account that. The British moment international conflict adventure of attempting to counter the V-2 assaults contained many parts of next responses to ballistic missile threats.
From 1649-1660 England used to be governed through a status military for the one time in its heritage. within the military in Cromwellian England Henry Reece describes the character of that have for the 1st time, either for officials and infantrymen, and for civilian society. the quantity is established in 3 components. the 1st part seeks to trap the adventure of being a member of a peacetime status military: its various measurement, the explanations why males joined and remained in carrier, how lengthy they served for, what officials and their males spent their time doing in peacetime, the factors governing merchandising, and how within which officials and squaddies engaged with political concerns because the army's position replaced from the pressure-group politics of the past due 1640s to theinstitutionalization of its strength after 1653.
Very diverse, yet a lot an analogous takes as its place to begin the distribution of political, ideological, and financial strength among English society's constituent roles from the time while Daniel Defoe was once writing Robinson Crusoe, and argues that Defoe may locate it remarkably related 3 centuries later regardless of all of the alterations in expertise, existence, facilities, ideals, attitudes, norms, and values wherein he may doubtless be astonished.
Marriage, functionality, and Politics on the Jacobean court docket constitutes the 1st full-length research of Jacobean nuptial functionality, a hitherto unexplored department of early sleek theater together with masques and entertainments played for high-profile weddings. Scripted through such writers as Ben Jonson, Thomas Campion, George Chapman, and Francis Beaumont, those entertainments have been fixed for the most major political occasions of James's English reign.
- Rehabilitation and Probation in England and Wales, 1876-1962 (History of Crime, Deviance and Punishment)
- The Making of Modern Ireland 1603-1923
- Labours old and new: The Parliamentary Right of the British Labour Party 1970-79 and the Roots of New Labour (Critical Labour Movement Studies)
- The British in Interwar Germany: The Reluctant Occupiers, 1918-30
Extra resources for Access to History: The Early Stuarts and the English Revolution 1603-60
Access to History: The Early Stuarts and the English Revolution 1603-60 by Katherine Brice,Michael Lynch