By Michael Lynch
Give your scholars the simplest likelihood of luck with this attempted and demonstrated sequence, combining in-depth research, enticing narrative and accessibility. entry to background is the most well-liked, relied on and wide-ranging sequence for A-level historical past students.
- helps the content material and evaluate requisites of the 2015 A-level background specifications
- comprises authoritative and fascinating content
- comprises thought-provoking key debates that research the opposing perspectives and techniques of historians
- presents exam-style questions and tips for every correct specification to assist scholars know the way to use what they've got learnt
This name is appropriate for quite a few classes including:
- AQA: The Making of contemporary Britain, 1951-2007
- OCR: Britain 1930-1997
Read Online or Download Access to History: Britain 1951-2007 Second Edition PDF
Best uk history books
Britain was once the 1st kingdom to return below sustained ballistic missile assault, in the course of 1944-45. Defence opposed to ballistic missiles has been a chronic, if hugely variable, topic of political coverage and technical research ever seeing that. The British moment global conflict event of attempting to counter the V-2 assaults contained many components of next responses to ballistic missile threats.
From 1649-1660 England was once governed via a status military for the single time in its historical past. within the military in Cromwellian England Henry Reece describes the character of that have for the 1st time, either for officials and infantrymen, and for civilian society. the quantity is dependent in 3 elements. the 1st part seeks to trap the adventure of being a member of a peacetime status military: its various measurement, the explanations why males joined and remained in carrier, how lengthy they served for, what officials and their males spent their time doing in peacetime, the standards governing promoting, and how within which officials and squaddies engaged with political concerns because the army's function replaced from the pressure-group politics of the past due 1640s to theinstitutionalization of its strength after 1653.
Very assorted, yet a lot an analogous takes as its place to begin the distribution of political, ideological, and monetary energy among English society's constituent roles from the time whilst Daniel Defoe used to be writing Robinson Crusoe, and argues that Defoe may locate it remarkably comparable 3 centuries later regardless of the entire alterations in expertise, existence, facilities, ideals, attitudes, norms, and values during which he may doubtless be astonished.
Marriage, functionality, and Politics on the Jacobean courtroom constitutes the 1st full-length examine of Jacobean nuptial functionality, a hitherto unexplored department of early sleek theater including masques and entertainments played for high-profile weddings. Scripted by means of such writers as Ben Jonson, Thomas Campion, George Chapman, and Francis Beaumont, those entertainments have been fixed for one of the most major political occasions of James's English reign.
- Britain and Interwar Danubian Europe: Foreign Policy and Security Challenges, 1919-1936
- Steady The Buffs!: A Regiment, a Region, and the Great War
- Survey of British Commonwealth Affairs: Problems of Wartime Cooperation and Post-War Change 1939-1952
- Pragmatic Utopias: Ideals and Communities, 1200–1630
- Final Passages: The Intercolonial Slave Trade of British America, 1619-1807 (Published by the Omohundro Institute of Early American History and Culture and the University of North Carolina Press)
- Catholic Belfast and Nationalist Ireland in the Era of Joe Devlin, 1871-1934
Extra info for Access to History: Britain 1951-2007 Second Edition
Access to History: Britain 1951-2007 Second Edition by Michael Lynch