By Mary Eagleton
- Introduces readers to the huge scope of feminist concept during the last 35 years.
- Guides scholars alongside the innovative of present feminist theory.
- Suitable for college kids and students of all fields touched via feminist thought.
- Covers an incredibly extensive variety of disciplines, discourses and feminist positions.
- Organised round strategies instead of colleges of feminism.
Read or Download A Concise Companion to Feminist Theory (Concise Companions to Literature and Culture) PDF
Best literary criticism & theory books
Absalom, Absalom! has lengthy been considered as certainly one of William Faulkner's such a lot tricky, dense, and multilayered novels. it truly is, on one point, the tale of Thomas Sutpen, an enigmatic stranger who got here to Jefferson within the early 1830s to wrest his mansion out of the muddy bottoms of the north Mississippi barren region.
The founding suggestion of “America” has been established principally at the anticipated sweeping away of local american citizens to make room for EuroAmericans and their cultures. during this authoritative learn, David L. Moore examines the works of 5 famous local American writers and their efforts, starting within the colonial interval, to redefine an “America” and “American id” that comes with local american citizens.
As one of many formative classes in Canadian heritage, the past due 19th century witnessed the delivery of a kingdom, a humans, and a literature. during this research of Canada's first 'school' of poets, D. M. R. Bentley combines archival paintings, together with large examine in periodicals and newspapers, with shut readings of the paintings of Charles G.
As people cost up the steep slope of technological innovation, electronic age media more and more shapes our conception of everything—even religious concerns. the following degree of religious improvement could be the fabricated from a electronic interface among our personal snapshot of the divine, digital fact expertise that produces actual perceptions, and with units that stimulate components of the mind linked to religious event.
- Consensual Fictions: Women, Liberalism, and the English Novel (Heritage)
- Thinking about Other People in Nineteenth-Century British Writing (Cambridge Studies in Nineteenth-Century Literature and Culture)
- "Spirit of Health" or "Goblin Damn’d"? The Representation of the Ghost’s Ambiguity in Two Hamlet Film Adaptations
- Cities of Others: Reimagining Urban Spaces in Asian American Literature (Scott and Laurie Oki Series in Asian American Studies)
- Emigration and Caribbean Literature (New Caribbean Studies)
- Whitman's Poetry of the Body: Sexuality, Politics, and the Text
Extra info for A Concise Companion to Feminist Theory (Concise Companions to Literature and Culture)
A Concise Companion to Feminist Theory (Concise Companions to Literature and Culture) by Mary Eagleton